It takes just one day to feel the fresh, dry, healthy air of SmartVent.
10 litres of harmful damp air a day. Over a year, a family can produce as much as 3500 litres of damp air inside their home through cooking, cleaning, showering and general living. If not actively removed that moisture can lead to condensation, mould and airborne nasties and family health problems.
Moisture in the air makes mould. If you’re seeing mould growing on things in your wardrobe, or on travel bags under your bed, you know the culprit – damp air. Moisture in the air settles in spots around your house and makes a nuisance of itself as mould.
Damp air develops asthma. People living in homes with moisture, condensation and mould are 30% more likely to develop respiratory illnesses or asthma. Reduce the possibility by reducing damp air.
What are VOCs? VOC’s (volatile organic compounds) such as carbon monoxide and mixed gases are present in the air inside your home. Furnishing, fabrics, cleaning products, sealants, air fresheners, incense and even personal care products can emit VOC’s.
Harmful gases. Potentially dangerous gases, like carbon monoxide, sulphur dioxide and nitrogen oxide, can be produced by fuel-burning heating equipment such as un-flued gas heaters.
Sleeping in. We spend up to 60% of our time inside our homes. But indoor air can be up to 50 times more polluted than outdoor air. Imagine what sort of air you’re sleeping in?
Sprays. Without adequate ventilation, our homes can fill with toxic VOCs that cause respiratory symptoms and even cancer. Common household nasties include hairspray, surface cleaner sprays and insect sprays.